1/2 Kg Raw Rice
1/2 grated Coconut
Water to sprinkle
Salt to taste
- Soak rice in water for 4 hrs, then drain it and grind it to make fine powder.
- Heat the powder for 5 mts.While heating stir it. Keep it for cooling.
- Mix salt with water sprinkle this to the powdered rice just to make the powder wet.
- For making puttu special utensil is used named puttukutty or micro puttu. Put a handful of grated coconut in the puttukutty and then put rice powder till half then add another handful of grated coconut.
- This is done till the top. Close the lid steam it for 2 mts in cooker.
- Serve it with potato curry or ghee
- Serves - 5