- 2 2.1-ounce packages baked miniature phyllo dough shells (30 shells)
- 1/2 cup finely snipped dried tomato (not oil packed)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Dash salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese (3 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place phyllo dough shells on a baking sheet; set aside.
2. For filling, in a small bowl, combine dried tomato and enough boiling water to cover; let stand for 2 minutes. Drain well. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in soaked dried tomato and Swiss cheese.
3. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the filling into each phyllo shell. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until filling is slightly puffed and a small knife inserted into the centers of the tartlets comes out clean. Serve warm or cool. Makes 15 servings.
4. Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare and bake tartlets as directed; cool. Place tartlets in an airtight container and chill for up to 24 hours. Place tartlets on a baking sheet. Bake in a 300 degrees F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.