- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 squares (8 ounces total) white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons solid vegetable shortening
- Red and green nonpareils, for garnish
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fully blended. On low speed, add nuts and chocolate chips. Gradually beat in flour mixture until a stiff dough forms.
4. Shape dough into 2 logs, each 10 inches long. Place on ungreased baking sheet; flatten each log to 3 inches wide. Bake at 325¿ for 35 minutes until set and tops are slightly cracked. Transfer logs to wire racks; cool 15 minutes.
5. With serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes. Cool biscotti completely on wire racks.6. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate and shortening. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Allow to cool slightly. Dip one end of each biscotti into melted chocolate and sprinkle with read and green nonpareils. Place on waxed-paper-lined baking sheets until chocolate is set. Makes 36 cookies