Chicken Salad with Cucumber and Melon
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (10 ounces)
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe and/or honeydew melon
- 1 cup very finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup very finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 cantaloupe and/or honeydew melon halves
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Frisee (optional)
1. Toss together the chicken, cubed melon, cucumber, zucchini, and green onions in a large mixing bowl.
2. For dressing, combine lime juice, salad oil, water, cilantro or mint, sugar, and white pepper in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well. Drizzle 1/2 cup of the dressing over the chicken and melon mixture. Toss lightly to coat. Chill remaining dressing for another use.
3. Divide melon mixture among melon halves. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro and frisee. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Food exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 starch, 3 meat, 1-1/2 fat.