- 1 7- to 8-pound cooked spiral-sliced ham
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light-color corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- Cherry Sauce
1. Place ham in a shallow roasting pan according to package directions; discard packet of glaze. Cover ham with foil. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, for pineapple glaze: In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, cornstarch, and pineapple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
3. Remove ham from oven; remove foil. Brush ham generously with pineapple glaze. Continue baking, uncovered, about 30 minutes more or until ham is well glazed and an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
4. Meanwhile, prepare Cherry Sauce. Cover and keep warm.
5. Transfer the ham to a serving platter. Serve ham with sauce. Makes 15 servings.
6. Cherry Sauce: Drain two 16-ounce cans pitted tart red cherries (water pack), reserving 1/2 cup liquid. In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir in the reserved 1/2 cup cherry liquid, the cherries, and several drops almond extract. Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Makes about 4 cups.