Pomphret or any fish 2 lbs
Tomato 2 nos
Whole chilli (red) 9 nos
Onion 1 big
Garlic 5 cloves
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Green chilly 5 nos
Coconut milk 1 cup
Lemon juice for taste
Curry leaves 2 stems
Ginger 1" piece
Oil 2 tbp
Salt To taste
* Clean the fish and cut into 1 inch pieces.
* Crush the red chili with garlic and keep aside.
* Slice the onion thinly.
* Cut the green chilly lengthwise and Chop the ginger.
* Put the oil in a cooking pan and sauté the onion and green chilies for five minutes.Then add the crushed pepper, garlic and ginger.
* Fry for 3 minutes until the smell of chili comes out.
* Add the coconut milk, turmeric powder and let it boil.
* Then add the fish and salt.
* Cook well and add the tomato pieces.
* Cook for 5 minutes - add the lemon juice and curry leaves.