Broiled Lobster Tails with Garlic-Chili Butter
- 4 8-ounce fresh or frozen lobster tails
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- Clarified Butter (optional)
1. Thaw lobster tails, if frozen. Preheat broiler. Butterfly the lobster tails by cutting through the center of the hard top shells and meat. Spread the halves of tails apart. Place lobster tails, meat side up, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
2. In a small skillet cook garlic, orange peel, and chili powder in butter over medium heat about 30 seconds or until garlic is tender. Brush mixture over lobster meat.
3. Broil 4 inches from heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until lobster meat is opaque. If desired, serve with Clarified Butter.
4. Makes 4 lobster tails