- 1 cup chopped papaya or mango
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely slivered red onion
- 1/4 cup slivered yellow, orange, and/or green sweet pepper
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime or lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 to 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper*
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
In a medium bowl stir together the papaya or mango, pineapple, red onion, sweet pepper, cilantro, lime or lemon pel, lime or lemon juice, jalapeno, and ginger. Cover and chill salsa for 8 to 24 hours. Makes about 2-1/4 cups (17 2-tablespoon servings).
*Note: Because hot peppers contain oils that can burn your eyes, lips, and skin, protect yourself when working with the peppers by covering your hands with plastic bags or plastic or rubber gloves. Be sure to wash hand thoroughly before touching your face or eyes.