- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and finely crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or dairy sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 lb. uncooked ground turkey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two 15x10x1-inch baking pans or large baking sheets with foil. Lightly coat foil with nonstick spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine egg, bacon, bread crumbs, basil, yogurt, pepper, and salt. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape into 75 one-inch meatballs (about 1 tablespoon each). Place on pans.
3. Bake on separate oven racks for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with sauce or skewered. Makes 25 (three-meatball) servings.
Alfredo Sauce: In a saucepan combine one 16-oz. jar purchased Alfredo sauce and 1/4 cup milk. Heat through. Stir in 8 slices crisp-cooked, crumbled bacon (about 1/2 cup). Season to taste with pepper. Sprinkle sauce with 1/2 cup snipped fresh basil.
EACH SERVING (1 meatball, 1 tsp. sauce): 40 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 16 mg chol., 94 mg sodium, 1 g carbo., 3 g pro. Daily Values: 1% vit. A, 1% calcium, 1% iron.
Sweet and Sour Chili Sauce: In a saucepan combine one 10-oz. bottle sweet-and-sour sauce; 1/3 cup mango nectar; 1 tsp. chili powder; 1 large clove garlic, minced; 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel; and 1/4 tsp. salt. Heat through over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
EACH SERVING (1 meatball, 1 tsp. sauce): 28 cal., 2 g total fat, 13 mg chol., 72 mg sodium, 2 g carbo., 3 g pro. Daily Values: 1% vit. A, 1% vit. C, 1% calcium, 1% iron.