Turkey Paella Salad
- 1 8-oz. pkg. saffron-flavored yellow rice mix
- 2 to 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup broccoli florets or frozen baby sweet peas
- 1 medium red or yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 oz. prosciutto, crisp-cooked,* or cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup bottled vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh basil or tiny fresh basil leaves
1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Spread on baking sheet. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes or until cooled. In extra-large bowl combine turkey, tomato, broccoli, sweet pepper, cranberries, onions, and prosciutto. Add rice and dressing; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Sprinkle with almonds and basil.
Makes 6 (1-1/2 cup) servings.
*Note: To crisp-cook prosciutto, arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from oven; cool on baking sheet.