- 2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup Splenda Granular
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup low fat milk
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 large egg white
1 cup sliced almonds
3 tablespoons Splenda Granular
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together butter, 1 cup Splenda Granular, and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in whole eggs one at a time. Alternately add flour mixture and milk in batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well. Fold in berries.
- Spoon batter into baking dish. Lightly beat egg white with fork. Add remaining 3 tablespoons Splenda® Granular and sliced almonds. Stir until almonds are lightly coated. Spoon topping over batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack approximately 10 minutes.