- 7 pounds Honeysuckle White Bone-In Breast
7 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided use
4 teaspoons rosemary, fresh, crushed, divided use
4 teaspoons thyme, fresh, crushed, divided use
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 pounds yellow onions, halved and sliced
10 ounces dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups fruit punch, frozen concentrate
1 1/2 cups water, cold
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
thyme sprigs, fresh as needed
- For roasted turkey: Rub turkey on all sides with 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle all sides with 3 tsp. each of rosemary and thyme. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 and 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 170 F. Halfway through roasting time, baste with 2 additional Tbsp. vinegar.
- For caramelized onions: In a heavy skillet over medium heat, heat oil and sauté onions in oil for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until soft and light golden. Stir in 1 tsp. each rosemary and thyme, 3 tsp. balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- For glazed cranberries: In saucepan, combine dried cranberries with undiluted fruit punch concentrate and cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Mix cornstarch with 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar and stir into sauce. Heat briefly, stirring until thickened and glossy. Makes 3 cups.
- To serve: For each portion, make a ring of onions on dinner