- 3 6-oz. bags prewashed fresh baby spinach or 2 10-oz. bags prewashed spinach
- 1 cup snipped fresh parsley, basil, cilantro or watercress
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar or herb vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges (optional)
1. In a large Dutch oven or very large skillet with steamer basket insert* bring 1 inch of water to boiling. Combine spinach and herbs or watercress in basket; place over boiling water. Cover and steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted, stirring once. Remove basket carefully; drain. Transfer spinach to a serving bowl. Drizzle with some of the vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Pass remaining vinegar. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Note: If you don't have a Dutch oven or a very large skillet with a steamer basket, use a small steamer basket set in a large skillet, and cook the spinach in three batches.