Tandoori-Style Turkey Drumsticks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pound small turkey drumsticks
1. Combine garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin, and salt in a small bowl. Spread spice mixture evenly over turkey. (Wear disposable gloves so the spices don¿t stain your hands.) Place spice-rubbed turkey in a glass baking dish; spoon yogurt over turkey. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above the drip pan. Place drumsticks on the lightly oiled rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 45 to 55 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of thickest portions registers 180 degree F, turning once. Makes 4 to 6 servings.